I escaped London for a few days to go to Conferencia Rails 2007 in Madrid. There I gave a talk about much ranted Rails Scalability.
The title of the talk in spanish was “Escalabilidad y las cosas de las que nadie se atrevio a hablar”.
Summary of the talk:
- Architecture and typical Rails deployment configurations.
- Use of Nginx as a static assets server.
- Mongrel and Evented Mongrel.
- Multithreaded image Uploads with mongrel and/or merb (instead of attatchment_fu)
- Activerecord optimizations (hacks, active_record_context plugin)
- Caches, pasive expirations. Cache observing daemons.
- Configuration and monitoring of a production Server. (monit, munin tools)
Here is the video of the talk, and of course, the slides.
The talk went fine, I have had so much fun speaking spanish again.
Here are some photos: